This post was last updated on September 5th, 2020 at 10:29 am
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links to some of the products I use and love. When you click these links and make a purchase, I may get a small commission. It won’t cost you anything, but it helps me to run this site. Find out disclaimer here.
If you landed here because of the title of this post, this is one of the reasons I started blogging this year and I know 90% of bloggers will agree with me. Yeah, I truly believe that bloggers can make money no matter what their niche is about. Mommy bloggers, fashion bloggers, lifestyle bloggers – all of them can make money blogging. Even you can make money if you talk about blogging.
Here I am going to tell you that when you talk about blogging, it means you’re teaching other people how to start, build their own blogs, and turn their blogs into a business, which makes money. To do this, you need to have experience starting and growing your blog.
This post is going to guide you through everything you need to know, because setting up your new brand blog isn’t all that difficult, right? BUT, setting up a blog that will actually help you make an impact plus an income? Well, that requires a lot of hard work, research, and time. But, I always believe that hard-working will pay you well 😀
You will make money from creating and selling your products/services OR promoting and selling other people’s products/services that help people start and grow their own blog.
Is It Possible To Make Money From Blogging?
Yes. It is possible, but I will say it’s not easy to make money blogging. You have to know who your audience is, how can you help them, and what you’re talking about. PLUS, you also have to prove you’re an expert in your field before people buy your products … and that’s not easy to do.
That’s why I recommend you to choose a niche that combines your passion and your expertise. For example, if you have a passion for finance management and have expertise in that field, then I believe you can make money by teaching or selling your products! And if you are an experienced and skilled blogger and you want to talk about blogging, surely you can make money from it.
Pro tips: You need to build your trust with your audience. If you have a great connection with your audience, it is possible to make money blogging, even with just a little traffic.
What To Do Before You Make Money Blogging?
First thing first. Since we are going to talk about make money blogging, of course, you need to start your own blog. So make sure to check how to start your blog before reading this post.
I’m going to share with 3 important points before starting make money blogging:
- Everyone’s path is different: We are not going to make money at the same pace and that’s okay. Just because someone makes money within 3 months, doesn’t mean that’s going to happen the exact same way to you as well. Don’t compare yourself.
- What works for one person might not work for the next or you. I know that there are so many tips and tricks out there, not all will necessarily work for me or you but it doesn’t mean they are wrong. Keep trying. Trial and failure is your daily food. Don’t give up on any strategies.
- Think your blog like a real business: I have mentioned this on how to increase your blog traffic. If you want to make money blogging, you have to treat it like a real business. You have to think about what you are trying to accomplish in the long-term. Are you going to make money blogging just to pay your debt? Make this your side hustle that will replace your 9-5 job someday? Or is this going to be your full-time job?
How To Make Money From Blogging
Remember, the point here is going to be selling your own products or selling someone else’s products. It takes time to start earning a steady income, but as long as you’re patient, consistent, know well what you’re talking about, and recommend helpful products/services, you can be successful bloggers.
Before we reach on how to make money blogging, I will share some basic things you need to do to start a blog the right way. I’m sure you have read somewhere or maybe on my blog, but these are the important things for getting setup:
- Choose your audience: You should have clear ideas of what your blog is about (niche) and who you want to write for (niche market). Think about who you want to impact the content you write on your blog. Money making bloggers always write for their audience about useful and relevant to a specific type of reader.
- Choose your domain name (website address): The name you choose better have a connection to the content you will write about. Make it clear and simple. You can check this how to choose your blog name to get inspiration for your blog name.
- Get website hosting through Bluehost: If you’re going to make money from blogging, you need to look professional. Self-hosting will give you a plus value to your audience, give unlimited access for customization and monetization of your blog, and it gives you full ownership of your blog.
- Create an email list management: build and grow your audience with email list management, you can also sell your products or offer your services through email.
- Install and set up WordPress: get ready your WordPress, change, update, install the necessary plugins to make it comfortable to use, for both you and your audience.
- Choose your theme: Pick a clean, clear, and easy to navigate theme and make your blog look presentable for your audience. CreativeMarket is the best option to find all those things you need.
- Protect your blog legally: Protect your blog from any problems or lawsuits in the future.
- Start writing high-quality content: You can either write educational, informational, inspirational, motivational, or maybe contents about entertainment OR some variations from these all.
- Learn more about SEO: Learn about SEO and produce content that will get ranked on search engines.
- Create social media accounts: creating a blog and make money from it is all about networking and building up a follower base.
- Start on Pinterest from the very beginning: I’m talking about serious strategic Pinterest marketing that will help you get more traffic on your blog.
NEXT, the one you’re waiting for. These are some make money blogging ways that I did from the very beginning. I will keep updating this along with my journey 🙂
If you want to turn your blog into a money-making business, then you definitely want to go deep into the affiliate marketing world. Affiliate marketing is simply promoting the products/services of other businesses. This is one way that most bloggers choose to start monetizing their blogs.
Join an affiliate program and get their product’s link, then you share these product’s links via your own trackable link. When someone clicks on your affiliate link and makes a purchase, you will earn some commission. If you are helping someone to start and build their blog, you can promote various products that they need for their blog journey.
For example, if you are new bloggers, you need website hosting to set up your blog. I recommend good hosting sites like Bluehost (if you aren’t using this, you should register now).
Here some ways to get accepted into the affiliate program:
- Have a self-hosted blog with your own domain name (to show that you’re a professional blogger)
- Have a professional email address
- Have a few posts (5-10) on your blog before applying (to show that you have content)
- Tell them about how you plan to promote the products/links
There are many affiliate programs you can join. You can make a list of all the resources and tools you want to promote and sell. Sign up to their affiliate program and create content around those products.
Pro tips: Recommend products/services that you use and love! Share your success with the products to everyone. A successful blogger will recommend products that helped them to grow and make money from their blog. Don’t recommend just for making money. You need to earn the trust of your audience and recommend products that really benefit them.
Selling Your Own Products / Services
When you’re talking about blogging, you can create and sell your own products to help your audience reach their dreams
Smart Blog Planners will help my audience to plan, track, and grow their own blog. Smart Blog Planner is containing 21 pages of blog planning worksheets to help you manage your blog tasks, reach your goals, track your social media, organize your task lists and keep track of everything that matters easily. It is designed to help you improve your blog planner, manage your time more efficiently, and get things done like a pro.
Next, if you have expertise in some blogger areas, like SEO master, Pinterest master, Pinterest VA, etc, you can always make money by providing those services to your audience. If your niche is about blogging, you can always produce content that helps bloggers solve their problems and you can weave your services into that content.
With your experience and skill, you can use those to come up with a service that you can offer to your audience. This is always a great way to make money from blogging.
Pro tips: Don’t copy people’s work. I have seen many of us blog about blogging. We write about similar things/contents then share it with our audience. We can have the same ideas, but that doesn’t mean you can copy someone else’s work. In this case, includes blog posts, pages, email templates, etc. If you don’t want to face lawsuits because illegally using other’s work without permission, it’s important to create your own content with your own unique voice PLUS your experience.
Sponsored posts are another awesome way to make money in any niche. You will write the sponsored content on your website – promoting the products or services of another business. You can do this even when you’re talking about blogging. How?
You need to work with companies that sell products that are helpful or relevant to your audience. You need to give some thoughts on what bloggers need. For example, graphic design, planners, computers, workspace decor, etc. There are various things you can think of, be creative!
After you know which company you want to work with, start reaching out to those companies and pitching your ideas to them.
Some companies might reach out to your first. Lucky me, a few days ago I got an email from a company that asked me to give a review to their product and offer me their premium account (I don’t mean to brag or anything)! That’s why I always say that your contact page is important. People or brands who want to work with you will definitely reach you out from the contact page.
Create A Resources Page
All bloggers have to create their own resources page. This is a great way to use affiliate links that are helpful for bloggers! On this page, you create links to all the products you have used to help build your own blog. Keep in mind, when linking to those products, use your affiliate links!
I’m adding this resource to my main menu so any bloggers who come across to my blog will find it extremely helpful. You can always promote your resource page on your social media platforms and Pinterest to boost your views and chances that your affiliate links get clicked.
Make A Few Investments
You don’t need to invest a big amount of money for blogging. You can still make money with very little investment. With that, there are a few investments that a new blogger needs to level-up their biz.
Things like website hosting, a domain name, affordable themes, a computer, a camera, and some basic education.
Don’t be afraid to invest a little bit of money if you want to make money from blogging. When I started, I already had a laptop and a phone. So, I need to invest in my blog hosting, a domain name, themes, and some educational courses.
Here my investment recommendations for your first years of blogging:
I’m just going to say, remember why you started your blog and have fun with your blog.
You need to truly love blogging, have a passion, and love sharing useful experience to your audience if you want to make money from blogging. Don’t force yourself to love what you don’t like.
You will need to spend a lot of time caring for your blogging baby and growth won’t always happen as quickly as you wish. You will always have hard times from blogging, but along with this reminder, I want you to enjoy your blogging business and embrace the bad and good times.
SUPPORT THIS BLOG
To end this post, I know that most people don’t think that sharing, purchasing through affiliate links, donating, viewing (and clicking) ads, or commenting is a huge deal, but as a content writer or blogger, it actually means the whole world.
Not only me, but most bloggers also spend a lot of time running their blog, researching, creating, and writing valuable content, and not to mention shooting and editing the photos you see. So, I want to say thanks to the support of people like you who help me keep running this blog and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.
One way to support me running this blog is to share or comment on my posts, viewing (and clicking) ads, subscribe to my newsletter to get free ebook + access to my freebies library, or buy me a cup of coffee.
IF YOU’VE ENJOYED THIS BLOG POST, PLEASE SHARE IT WITH YOUR FELLOW BLOGGER, PIN FOR LATER, CLICKING ADS, BUY ME A CUP OF COFFEE, OR LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!