This post was last updated on November 22nd, 2020 at 07:58 am
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links to some of the products I use and love. When you click these links and make a purchase, I may get a small commission. It won’t cost you anything, but it helps me to run this site. Find out disclaimer here.
If you are a new blogger who is starting a new blog, just like me, the first thing that you need when you are starting a blog is your blog name. In fact, sometimes you might get stuck on how to come up with it.
Me? I can say that I changed my mind several times. I search on Pinterest, Google and there are so many blog name ideas out there. However, finding the right one for your blog can be really difficult and take some time!
I had various blogs at first, I posted various things and wasn’t sure about the name and anything. I’m not putting my all into it and then I called it quits. I don’t have that blog anymore.
I’ve made this post to make sure that you choose a blog name you love because this is a very important step. Why is it important? Most of the successful bloggers – with many readers and that make money – have good blog’s names. Your blog names give people expectations of what your blog will be like.
And if you want to want to turn your blog into a profitable business, you’ve to start choosing your blog name. To make this easier for you, I want to guide you on how to choose a name for your blog, no matter what type of blog you want, and fill your mind with unique blog names so you can find the one you love for your blog!
Let’s get cracking.
Choose Your Blog Niche
The first step you need to do is think about what type of blog you want. It will be good if the name can easily be remembered, short, simple, relevant to your blog, has meaning, and in English. If you are still struggling to choose your blog name, do not panic! There are many successful blogs with not great names and you know that you can always change it if you don’t like it later.
Who is Your Target Audience
Let’s think about who you are writing for or who you want to read it. For my blog, I dedicated it to people who want to learn blogging from the basics. For example, “Leny Easy Blogging” and people will know that you talked about blogging and it also keeps your blog focused.
Build Your Brand
What is a brand? At first, I didn’t quite understand this called ‘brand’ on the blog. I come to understand that it is like the ‘vibe’ of your blog. It is another important factor when deciding your blog name. How do you want your blog to look? Bright and fun? Dark and artistic? Stylish and affordable? What vibe do you want your blog to have?
I want my blog to look fun and affordable, then I decided on my brand. Your brand can be a good way to build and promote your product or service.
YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 3 Secrets To Create Your Brand
- 40 Best WordPress Themes For Blog: Make Your Blog Looks Stunning
- 9 Sites To Find Gorgeous Stock Photos For Your Blog
Search, Think, Write
By now, I think you might have quite a big list of possible blog names – or tired out. Take step by step. You can write down your ideas. Write down your initial ideas.
Start combining, mixing, and matching them until you have a list of good blog names you could use. Here are the methods to help you brainstorm.
- Use Thesaurus.com to find many relevant words that you can add by typing a word into the search box. If your blog is about lifestyle, you could write down words like “sparkling, growth, gorgeous, simple, perfect, vibrant, alluring, delicacy, classic, fabulous” etc. Then for more, I suggest writing down words that describe you, such as “girl, mom, ecstatic, merry, joyful, sunny, happy, rosy, sassy” etc.
- If you need more words, you can add stop words, such as ‘for’, ‘and’, ‘with’, etc. But don’t use too many stop words; people will remember “Merry’s Journal” more than “The Journal of Merry”. Having long words will take away the simplicity and turn into a disaster when you mix and match the wrong words. Here’s the list of unintentionally domain names.
- Create a portmanteau (a blend of words, which multiple words are combined into a new word). For example, ‘banoffee’ (banana + coffee), ‘flavorite’ (flavor + favorite), here a long list of portmanteau for more inspiration. Check out wordunsrambler and wordoid for testing your word combinations.
This is the method I use to create my blog name, ‘monodreame‘ which comes from mono (alone, single, the only one) and dream (aspiration, ambition, or ideal).
- It sounds easy, but if you’re still struggling, you can use your own name! It’s unique, original, and it’s YOU! And using your name also gives the advantage to switch niche without having to rebrand.
When you have your list of blog names, now you need to know the availability. You can check it and make sure the domain name is available (www.sparklingmom.com). As I said before, the name needs to be short, simple, unique, and relevant to your blog.
Bluehost is such a nice web hosting which many successful bloggers use.
Put your blog name in the search blog and when you click the ‘next’ button, it will take you to a new window if your blog name is available.
And if the domain name you want is available, then grab it quick! Get your domain registered and when you purchase your hosting with Bluehost, it will include your domain for free.
When choosing the right blog name, it depends on your niche, audience, and product/service. I hope this post really helps you to choose a unique, catchy, memorable name for your new blog and start a successful blog.
SUPPORT THIS BLOG
To end this post, I know that most people don’t think that sharing, purchasing through affiliate links, donating, viewing (and clicking) ads, or commenting is a huge deal, but as a content writer or blogger, it actually means the whole world.
Not only me, but most bloggers also spend a lot of time running their blog, researching, creating, and writing valuable content, and not to mention shooting and editing the photos you see. So, I want to say thanks to the support of people like you who help me keep running this blog and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.
One way to support me running this blog is to share or comment on my posts, view (and click) ads, subscribe to my newsletter to get free ebook + access to my freebies library, or buy me a cup of coffee.
IF YOU’VE ENJOYED THIS BLOG POST, PLEASE SHARE IT WITH YOUR FELLOW BLOGGER, PIN FOR LATER, CLICKING ADS, BUY ME A CUP OF COFFEE, OR LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!